Meet Dave Wiskowski!
1) Tell us, how and when did you get into trail running?
I was running a local half marathon in suburban Chicago, and began chatting with a woman named Shelley that I was running with for a while in the race. We became friends that day, and then she talked me into coming out to join her running club. After a few months of road running with many new friends, she then introduced me to trail and ultra running. It was a whole new world that terrified me. But...
Meet Missy Jackson!
1) Tell us, how and when you got into trail running?
I started running and just kind of went through the motions but it never really clicked. Then my hubby took me on my first trail run 3 years ago and everything just felt right about being out there on the trails.
2) What’s your favorite distance to race?
50k is my absolute favorite!
3) What’s your most meaningful tattoo? Do you have any running tats?
If I had...
Meet Al Moore!
What’s up Trail Gangtaz!!! My name is Al Moore Jr. aka “@thealmatic” on Instagram. I was born in The Bronx, NY, and currently live on the San Carlos Apache Reservation in beautiful Peridot, Arizona.
1) How and when did you get into trail running/running?
My running story is an interesting one as I was boxing in USA Boxing as an amateur boxer, and went from about 240 lbs. to my fighting weight at 152 lbs. After losing that much weight, I felt like anything was possible...
Meet Peter Migun!
1) Where are you from?
2) How and when did you get into trail running?
I ran in college and after college I was burnt out of track and road races. After a couple of beers (oops I mean years) later, I knew I wanted to loose weight. I signed up for a trail half half and was hooked. Have never looked back! It’s not uncommon for me to do a 12 mile loop then be drinking a beer by the quarry. Best of...
Meet Alicia Judy!
1) How and when did you get into trail running?
I began trail running in Oklahoma with a bunch of my triathlon friends. That was about 10 years ago!
2) Do you consider trail running to be your therapy? And if so, what aspect is most therapeutic and why?
Trail running (aka: trail therapy) is something that I feel grateful for every day. We are so blessed to have the ability to run and to have access to such a wide variety...