Name: Jen Laughlin
Hometown: Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Residence: Buckeye, AZ
Occupation: Social Media Manager
Alma Mater: Westmont College
1. How did you first fall in love with running? Does your family share your passion for the sport?
I grew up active, always outside and playing competitive sports. I went to college on a full ride scholarship for soccer. I have been running forever but fell in love with it in college. Always being on...
Name: Mitchell Ammons
Occupation: Nursing Student
Hometown: Austin, TX
Current Residence: Austin, TX
1. You’re very open about your past struggles with addiction to Heroin and other drugs. What drew you to running and how did it help you on your path to recovery?
Yes, I'm definitely very open about my past. I figure if I reach and inspire even just one other person that is struggling it makes it all worth it. I was about two years sober, and on the way to changing everything about myself. I had...
Name: Regina Lopez
Hometown: Azusa, CA
Current Residence: Azusa, CA
Alma Mater: California State Polytechnic University
Occupation: Fitness Trainer, Professional Athlete
1. It may surprise others to learn that you have not always been a toned and confident, top-caliber athlete. When and how did you make this transformation?
I remember looking at a mirror while seeing my reflection and just knew I was capable of so much more. I started spending time alone and with God. I started spending time with people who acknowledged me as a person. I started digging deep to...
Full Name: Isaac Easley
Hometown: Peoria, Arizona
Current Residence: Peoria, Arizona
Occupation: Owner of Take It Easley Productions, Adjunct Sports Videography Professor at Arizona State University
1. To many, you’re a Superhero! Can you share your superpower(s), your kryptonite and a part of your identity that’s usually kept a secret?
Haha, do people think that? My power would be powering up others around me. I’m the ultimate motivator. My kryptonite is anime and musicals. I’ll stop everything I’m doing for a good anime or the musical arts. I like to hide my Super...
Meet Amit Mehta!
Name: Amit Mehta
Hometown: Bombay, India
Current Residence: Bombay, India
1) How and when did you start trail running?
I’ve been hiking and trekking the mountains for as far as I can remember. I started road running around 2014 thanks to my wife, and that leg turnover just transitioned into the trails when I went for my next hike. Since then, the mountains have never been the same!
2) Your wife Monica is also a runner. How did you two meet?